Why might I need supervision?
If you have a role in your paid or voluntary work which involves working with people, then you may have a need for supervision. Some reasons for this might be:
- Supervision helps you to respond to issues as appropriately and effectively as possible, in your paid or voluntary work.
- This is particularly helpful in relation to topics which are stressful for you and therefore require sensitive discussion.
Some situations where supervision may be helpful include:
- You have a personal dispute with a colleague which is getting in the way of your work.
- A colleague is interfering with work which you think is your responsibility.
- Sexual harassment appears to have occurred, and you are unsure as to what to do.
- Your work seems to be much more difficult because of the apparently unreasonable behaviour of another person.