Professional Pastoral Supervision with CAIRA
Talk to a professionally trained person
about role-related work issues,
in order to develop personal growth
and improve your competence.
Remember you can do this face to face or online
The aim of supervision
is personal growth in the pastoral role….
As in all good education, personal growth is an important goal.
You cannot engage in such close reflection upon your efforts to care for others
without wrestling with personal changes in your own attitudes and behaviour.
by David A. Steere in “The Supervision of Pastoral Care”
What is Effective Supervision?
- Operates within a supportive, safe and confidential relationship
- Central to this relationship is an atmosphere of trust and openness
- Continuing quality and competence is the desired outcome
- Assists in responding to issues arising in paid or voluntary responsibilities
- Experiences discussed include relational conflicts, boundaries and stressful issues requiring sensitive discussion, as well as celebrating successes and positive personal and professional development.
Professional pastoral supervision
A reflective process of supervision
A confidential and safe relationship
An affordable service
Opportunities for people working with people
Unconditional, non-judgemental acceptance of the other using a Christ-centred model.
CAIRA Supervisor Training
- A "Taste and See" introductory session as a prerequisite for training.
- 2 + years training working through a curriculum based on a formational process and experiential learning.
(We are trialling a one year pilot programme in 2020)
- Trainers hold a CAIRANZ Licence which must be renewed annually to maintain a high level of accountability and professionalism.
- Operates under a co-created leadership model, fostering a positive, shared learning environment.